Wednesday, September 14, 2016

The Penderwicks by Jeanne Birdsall (Tackle Your TBR Read-a-thon Book #1)





The Penderwicks is the story of the Penderwick sisters and their adventures one summer. Their father has rented their family a cottage for their summer vacation, and they have found a new friend, Jeffrey, the son of the estate owner.

But with four sisters, one friend, two rabbits, and a dog, trouble is bound to happen. It's guaranteed to be a summer full of adventure.

This book is the definition of a fun, comforting, delightful cozy read. It reminds me so much of the books my parents would read me before bed, and the books I would seek out as a child once I learned to read. It only makes sense that this is a book my dad lent me.

The Penderwicks is a read that will make you feel happy, just like when you were a child, curled up under a warm blanket, lost in a world of adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment