Monday, September 12, 2016

A Monday Mystery! Closed Casket by Sophie Hannah



I will freely admit that is impossible for me to be unbiased when it comes to Agatha Christie. I love everything Dame Agatha, and I could not have been more excited when Sophie Hannah received permission from Christie's estate to write new Hercule Poirot books. Hannah is a brilliant writer in her own right, and her first Poirot, The Monogram Murders, was a great read.

Closed Casket tells the story of Lady Playford, who has invited Hercule Poirot and Inspector Edward Catchpool to join her family gathering at her mansion. She has changed her will, a revelation that is sure to spark outrage--and possibly murder. But why would she take this step, and what does it mean?

Hannah spins a great mystery for Poirot and Catchpool, with lots of twists and turns, and the spirit of Christie and her country home murder mysteries throughout.

2 comments:

  1. I have heard good things about these books she is writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've really enjoyed both of them so far--and her stand alone thrillers are really good too :)

      Delete