Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Things I am Thankful For

As always, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the wonderful The Broke and The Bookish.


*My family
I am truly lucky to have such a wonderful family that I am so close to. I live about ten minutes walk from my parents, and I'm going to be visiting my brother and sister-in-law for Thanksgiving starting tomorrow. I have aunts, uncles, and cousins I love, and my grandfather is 93 years old.

*My friends
My best friend has been in my life for 24 years now, and so has another very close friend. I have another friend I've known for over a decade, and a newer friend who came into my life a few years ago and has become such a great friend. I keep in touch with my closest friend from college, and my friends from when I studied abroad, and have been lucky enough to add friends to my life as the years have passed.

*My dog, Sherlock
Sherlock is my furry baby, and I couldn't love him more. We rescued each other about four and a half years ago, and he has brought such joy into my life.

*My job
I am so lucky to be getting to do what I love-teaching-and doing it in a place with kind coworkers, where I feel appreciated, and where my boss trusts me to do what I think is best.

*Books
Books are up there in my favorite things in the world, as I'm sure you could guess. I'm so lucky to be able to read, and to be surrounded by so many great things to read.

*This blog
I'm so glad I decided to start this blog. It's brought me so much joy, kept me writing, introduced me to great new people, and brought new books into my life.

*My health
My asthma is controlled, I'm not in physical therapy for my knee anymore, and medications seem to be working how they are supposed to.

*A sense of contentment
It's taken time, and work, but I feel so comfortable in my own skin, and so happy and settled into who I am.

*My apartment
It's all mine, full of my books, and art, and a reading corner, and a comfy cozy reading chair.

*My city
I love all Chicago has to offer, from museums to sports to independent bookstores and restaurants. Chicago is going through some tough times, but I have to believe we will come together and find a way to lift our city and its people up, and keep everyone safe.

And I'm thankful for all of you, for visiting this blog and talking with me and just generally being amazing! <3


3 comments: