Thank you very much to the wonderful The Reading Armchair for both nominations!
The rules for this award are:
- Say thank you to the person that nominated you
- Explain the rules of the award
- Say seven random facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers
- Display the badge/logo of the award in your blog
So, seven random facts about myself:
- I read while I walk.
- My best friend and I first met when we were six.
- I moved recently, to an apartment I absolutely love, that has a super cozy reading corner.
- My favorite artist is Claude Monet.
- I would love to have a room in my future house that is a giant library, with one of those rolling ladders, and a fireplace.
- My dog, Sherlock, is a rescue dog.
- I have been a Pre-K teacher for five years now.
The rules for this award are:
- Answer the 11 questions provided for you
- Nominate other bloggers
- Ask them 11 questions of your own
The questions I got asked, with answers:
- Which is your most anticipated novel? The third book from Will Lavender, which is currently untitled.
- Do you read graphic novels? Which is your favorite one? I do read graphic novels, though not frequently. My favorite is definitely From Hell.
- What was your favorite book so far this year? It's so hard for me to pick just one! The Girl on the Train is definitely up there for me, as is Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking. I also loved The Night Sister, and Luckiest Girl Alive. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up had a big impact on my life this year as well.
- Do you like winter? I actually really do like winter. I love having the perfect excuse to cozy up under a warm blanket with my dog, a cup of tea, and a good book, or take a long hot bath, or wear cozy sweaters and jeans.
- How would you like to spend this Halloween? I would like to spend it the way I do every year, on my parents' front porch handing out candy and hanging out.
- Who are your top three authors? Agatha Christie is my absolute favorite author. Sir Arthur Conan Doyle rounds out my top two. And then I have a really hard time settling on a third. Ngaio Marsh, Erle Stanley Gardner, Gillian Flynn, Marisha Pessl, Will Lavender, and P.D. James all would be way up there for me.
- Is there a series you would like to be continued, although it doesn't? I would always want there to be more Hercule Poirot and Miss Marple books. I was thrilled when The Monogram Murders came out, for that exact reason.
- How do you choose which book to read next? For me, it really depends on what I'm in the mood for. I have a lot of TBR shelves in my apartment, and live relatively close to a very big library, so I'm lucky in that I have lots of choices available depending on what I feel like reading.
- Would you buy a book because it has a beautiful cover? Most likely, I would only buy a book because it has a beautiful cover if its an Agatha Christie. I collect Agatha Christie's, and want to someday own a copy of every cover version of all her books.
- Do you prefer detailed descriptions or witty dialogues in a novel? I definitely prefer dialogue over prolonged descriptions. I tend to lose patience with very long descriptions.
- Which book would you recommend? I would recommend The Westing Game by Ellen Raskin. Its been my favorite book for twenty years now, and I re read it at least once a year.
My questions for the nominees:
- What's one book you started, but never finished?
- What was your favorite book you had to read for school?
- If you could only take three books with you on a long trip, which three would they be?
- What book would you love to see turned into a TV series?
- Is there one genre of book you never read?
- Where is your favorite place to read?
- Which fictional setting would you love to visit the most?
- Do you collect anything, and if so, what?
- What was the first book you ever read?
- What's one popular series/book you've just never been able to get into?
- Do you like hot weather or cold weather better?
I nominate for both awards (I'm new to the book blogging world, and am still navigating my way around the many incredible blogs, so apologies if I nominate someone who was already nominated, or miss anyone):