As always, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the wonderful The Broke and The Bookish.
This week's theme is ten facts about ourselves, so here goes!
1) I have a dog named Sherlock. He is a miniature poodle, my first dog ever, and the absolute love of my life. He is a rescue dog, and we think he's about 8 years old.
2) I am a preschool teacher. This school year will be my sixth year of teaching, and to me, it's the best job in the world.
(actual drawing by one of my students)
3) My best friend and I have been friends since we were six years old. Next year we will have been best friends for a quarter of a century.
4) My favorite TV show is Lost, and my favorite movie is Dirty Dancing.
5) I have one tattoo, but really want more (especially bookish tattoos!)
6) I just turned 30 at the end of May. My parents and best friends threw me this really amazing party, and it was one of the best nights ever.
7) I love to travel. So far, I've been to England, Spain, France, Italy, Scotland, Ireland, and Australia. I really want to go back to Italy next and visit the cities I didn't get to go to the first time around.
8) I'm really close with my family. I live about a ten minute walk away from my parents, and talk to my brother whenever I get the chance (he lives in a different state now, but I got to visit him for my spring break, which was awesome).
9) My favorite spot in my apartment is my reading corner.
10) One of my dreams is to someday have floor to ceiling bookshelves (preferably a whole room that is just a library) with a rolling ladder.