Sunday, February 14, 2016

The Steel Kiss by Jeffery Deaver



I was given an ARC of this book by the publisher in exchange for a review. This did not effect my opinion of the book or my review.

I'm a major Jeffery Deaver fan. I especially love his Lincoln Rhyme and Amelia Sachs series. So I actually squealed out loud in excitement when I saw I had been approved for an ARC of the newest Rhyme and Sachs thriller, and The Steel Kiss did not disappoint.

The book begins with Sachs tracking down a suspect in a recent homicide investigation, but her attention is quickly diverted by an escalator seemingly malfunctioning in a crowded mall.

To say much more about the plot would be to risk giving away the amazing twists and turns Deaver has plotted out for his readers. That is one of the things I love most about Deaver's books, how he expertly turns everything you thought you knew about the plot completely on its head, but when you look back at previous chapters, it all makes sense.

I highly recommend this book. You may get more out of it if you have read the previous entries in the Rhyme and Sachs series, as there is a lot of important character development, but the plot can absolutely be enjoyed by a newbie to the series as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment