Monday, August 31, 2020

ARC Review: Dragon Detective

 


The Supernatural Consultant series is a series I always look forward to. 

I know when a new book comes out that I will enjoy it, and that it will be a quick and fun read with characters I love and root for. Found family is a favorite trope of mine, and this series has it in spades, with (immensely powerful) father figures who choose each other and their children (dragon kits), and build a loving and protective home.

In the fourth entry in the series, there is more of a focus on Nickel, one of the older kits, who is working with Dane (the Supernatural Consultant of the title). They continue their mission to try to track down the scientists who are doing cruel experiments on dragons, and this brings Platinum, who has escaped from a lab, into their lives.

Platinum is a great new character, and I am very interested to see where their relationship is headed. The other kits, and their family with Dane and Mercury, are as always a hilarious and mischevious delight. They are a highly unique, and very loving, family. With the switch in focus, we get less of Mercury and Dane, whose characters and relationship I love, which was disappointing. But I do like seeing the kits' characters coming more front and center as well, I just wanted a little bit more of a balance there.

I'm excited for the next book in the series! 

No comments:

Post a Comment