Wednesday, August 17, 2016

What We're Reading Wednesday: August 17, 2016



Well, the school year is starting up again soon, which means I'm back at work--and very tired ;D My classroom is almost all set up, and today and tomorrow are full days of meetings. Students start Tuesday, which is the part I'm really looking forward to, as I love being a teacher!

So what am I reading when I'm not working and sleeping?


This Kindle read is absolutely fascinating, and I'm learning so much I didn't know about Patty Hearst, the SLA, and that period in modern history. Toobin is really excellent at capturing all the complexities of this true story.


I'm almost done with the first book in my friend's series, and really want to know who the killer is! She just published the fourth book in the series, so I'm looking forward to spending lots more time with these characters. (I don't review my friends' books, as I will fully acknowledge I'm very biased!)


I'm reading this for ARC August, and almost done with it. It's really well-written, and heartbreaking, and mysterious.


This book is gorgeous, and complex, and beautifully written. I'm really enjoying spending time with the characters and setting while winding down before bed.



I added this to my before bed reading routine as I've been having some trouble sleeping (even with being so tired), and non fiction like this tends to help relax me (as long as I'm not reading true crime before bed, which I used to do, but have stopped). I'm only one chapter in, and it's a really interesting and unique read of events and people centered around the periodic table of elements.


This is another true crime case I am fascinated by (I tend to be really interested in unsolved mysteries and their possible solutions). I've been wanting to read this one since I first heard about it, and luckily I just managed to get to the library before they sent back my requested copy. 


What are you reading this week? Anything you'd recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment