Friday, February 15, 2019

Review: Hydra



This is the second book in the Six Stories series (I'm currently reading the third-when my library system and interlibrary loan system couldn't get a copy, I just went and bought it on my Kindle, which I never do, because I had to read it immediately!), and it did not disappoint.

The Six Stories series centers around a (fictional) podcast that looks at (fictional) crimes. In Hydra, the case is that of Arla Macleod, who beat her family to death with a hammer and is institutionalized for the murders. Each "episode" is with a different person who can hopefully shed light on what happened that night, and, perhaps, even more crucially, what brought about the horrific murders.

The tension is almost unbearable, the twists and turns expertly plotted, and the ending once again left me with my jaw dropped open from the brilliant reveals. Wesolowski weaves horror, mystery, and the supernatural together so well that you feel you are experiencing a real podcast about a real crime. I absolutely recommend this series, it deserves more readers!

No comments:

Post a Comment