Monday, January 9, 2017

Review: Looming Murder



Title: Looming Murder
Author: Carol Ann Martin
Publication Date: June 4, 2013
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Recommended If You Like: vivid descriptions of beautiful crafts, starting a new series, cozy mysteries

The Book:

Della has left a big city to follow her dream and open a weaving shop. But when one of her customers is suspected of murder, Della has to become a detective as well.

What I Liked:

Martin does a great job of making Della's weaving shop and the craft itself come alive. The book made me want to take up weaving!

The solution to the mystery definitely features a surprising twist, which I really appreciated. I love a good twist I don't see coming.

Anything I Didn't Like?

I didn't love the main character, Della, like I wanted to. She comes off as a bit inconsistent, and so her choices can sometimes be a bit grating.

So...?

I'm not going to run out and buy the next book in this series. But if I see more entries in this series at a used bookstore or book fair, I suspect I would pick them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment