Friday, June 10, 2016

Five Friday Guest Post: Michelle's Five Favorite Middle Grade Books


This Five Friday Guest Post is by Michelle!



Just want to thank Becca for having me on her blog. I am excited to share with you all my 5 favorite Middle Grade books. It was really hard to pick 5 but I narrowed it down to a few of my favorites that I think would be a must read for anyone looking for books for either their middle grader or themselves. I originally started reading Middle Grade so I had recommendation to give my kids but I actually fell in love with the genre since it is as far from real life as you could possibly go and its just so much fun to read.

My Top Five Favorite Middle Grade Books…

1) Museum of Thieves (The Keepers Trilogy #1) by Lian Tanner

This was probably one of the first books I read when I really started reading again after Harry Potter. The entire series completely blew me away. It is so different and I loved the characters. This is one of those series that play in your head like a movie. One day I plan to read this over again because It will forever stick with me.

2) The Shadows (The Books of Elsewhere #1) by Jacqueline West



https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7249522-the-shadows?ac=1&from_search=true
Olive is a fun character and the cats that live in the house are just lots of fun. I enjoyed this series and hope one day my daughter will enjoy it too. The story is really cute and so very interesting, I loved the idea of jumping into paintings. This is a must read for MG and even adults.

3) The Hero's Guide to Saving Your Kingdom (The League of Princes #1) by Christopher Healy




Laugh out loud funny. This is a chance for the Princes of the stories to shine and did they shine. I can’t get over how amazing this books and the entire series is. I laughed so hard reading this book, it is so much fun. I recommend to adults and MG

4) Stitch Head (Stitch Head #1) by Guy Bass


The book is fun the illustrations are gorgeous. I love Stitch Head and his friends. This is a great book for kids and as an adult I enjoyed this so much.

5) The Pirate Who's Afraid of Everything by Annabeth Bondor-Stone


Shivers is scared of EVERYTHING and I love him so much. This is such a fun book. Kids and adults will enjoy the laugh out loud adventure of Shivers, his friends and goldfish.


I do have a lot more but these are just fun reads and with summer coming would be great to sit on the beach of by a pool and just read something fun.


Thank you again Becca for having me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment