This is my first time participating in the Love-a-Thon, and I am so excited!
Here is a little bit more about me. I look forward to getting to know more about all of you!
1) What's your name?
2) Where in the world are you blogging from?
3) How did you get into blogging in the first place?
I started keeping a personal journal on Livejournal, and realized that I really wanted a place where I could talk all books, all the time. I discovered this wonderful community and have loved being a part of it ever since!
4) How did you come up with your blog name?
It's a play on one of my favorite books, The Beekeeper's Apprentice by Laurie R. King-I wanted to make sure I got the word book in there somewhere ;) It's a non-canon Sherlock Holmes story, and I love Sherlock Holmes. When I came up with it, it just felt right, and I really liked the way it sounded.
5) What genre do you read and review the most on your blog?
Definitely mysteries-mysteries are by far my favorite genre. Included in this would be true crime and psychological thrillers as well. These are predominantly what I read.
6) What other types of posts do you do on your blog, apart from review?
I do themed book posts-I currently have a Five Friday Alphabet Series that is ongoing. I also do author interviews, and participate in Top Ten Tuesdays.
7) Best blogging experience so far?
This would have to be getting to interview one of my all-time favorite authors, Will Lavender. It was definitely one of those surreal amazing moments.
8) Favorite thing about the blogging community?
The blogging community has been so kind and welcoming, it's really been such a great experience. I've really enjoyed getting to talk books with fellow book lovers, as well as getting some new recommendations to add to my TBR list.
9) Name the 5 books you're most excited for this 2016!
It's so hard to pick just 5! I will go with books that came out/are coming out in 2016 that I haven't gotten to yet:
10) Name the 5 books you want to read this 2016 that you didn't get to in previous years.
Again, I'm terrible at picking just 5, but I will go with:
11) What's an underrated book or series that you think everyone should read?
These two books are genius-they are incredibly clever, creepy, well-plotted mystery thrillers that expertly tie in literary theory and psychology.
12) Which book boy or girl would be your book BFF?
Elizabeth Bennet, Pride and Prejudice
13) Which book boy or girl would be your book boyfriend/girlfriend?
Peeta Mellark, The Hunger Games series
14) Who would you recruit for your apocalypse squad? (5 characters max)
Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games series), Dimitri Belikov (The Vampire Academy series), Elizabeth Bennet (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies), Flavia de Luce (Flavia de Luce series), Sherlock Holmes
15) Apart from reading, what are your other hobbies and interests?
I love traveling, writing, making fan videos, going to concerts, going to museums, going to sports events, making graphics, watching TV and movies, snuggling with my dog, seeing family and friends, meditating, coloring, and doing crossword puzzles. I'm also a Pre-K teacher and a babysitter and tutor, so I work with kids a lot. I love spending time with my family and friends as well.
16) Apart from book shopping, what else do you like shopping for?
Clothes and shoes, DVDs and CDs, Funko Pops and blind boxes, little things for my apartment
17) At a party, the DJ suddenly changes the song-and it's your song. What song would be playing?
All We Are by Matt Nathanson-I have some of the lyrics from that song tattooed on my shoulder.
18) Pick out either a book you want turned into a film/tv show, or a film/tv show you want turned into a book.
I would love to have The Westing Game adapted into a miniseries. It was done as a movie once, but that version no longer seems to be available anywhere, and I would love to see a modern take on it.
19) What would your dream library look like?
I would want it to be giant, so it could also be my house. It would have the world's biggest mystery section, tons of comfy couches, hammocks, and chairs to curl up in, and a cafe where I could order whatever food and drink I wanted where I read. There would be lots of cozy blankets, and my dog would be able to sit with me on any of the furniture. And I would want rolling ladders-I've always wanted those!
20) Author you want to meet and sit down to tea with?
Agatha Christie! She's my favorite author of all time.
And to end, here is a picture of my dog Sherlock, wearing a Chanukah sweater: