Thursday, February 25, 2016

Try Not to Breathe by Holly Seddon



I received an ARC of this book from the publisher in exchange for a honest review. This did not effect my opinion of the book, or the review itself.

Amy Stevenson has been in a coma for fifteen years, the result of a vicious attack that occurred when she was a teenager. The perpetrator was never caught, and though Amy's scans still register brain activity, she has not been able to communicate any information about what happened to her.

Alex Dale is a reporter who has fallen from grace. Marriage over, job gone, she discovers Amy in a hospital ward while there to interview a doctor.

Alex begins to investigate, sitting by Amy's bedside hoping for discernible responses, tracking down the people from Amy's past. But can she possibly hope to bring a suspect to justice when the victim is trapped in silence?

The thing I loved most about this book was how it kept me guessing. I kept thinking I had it solved, and then kept being proved wrong. I never correctly guessed the ending, and Seddon had me on a roller coaster ride throughout the entire story.

The amount of different characters who get their own chapters, as well as the back and forth of what year the action takes place, can get a bit confusing, especially in an ebook format. But Seddon more than makes up for that with a gripping, well-written psychological thriller that packs a punch.

No comments:

Post a Comment