Thursday, March 14, 2019

Review: The Cheerleaders



In The Cheerleaders, the book alternates between past and present, telling the tale of why there are no more cheerleaders in Sunnybrook. Years ago, five cheerleaders died, in a car crash, murdered, and through suicide, and the school disbanded the cheerleading team permanently. In the present, one of the cheerleaders' sisters is determined to find out what truly happened, as she discovers mysterious notes, cell phones, and connections she never knew about.

I really enjoyed this book, just as I really enjoyed Thomas' The Darkest Corners (and have just put her Little Monsters on hold at the library). There is so much suspense, and so many red herrings and twists and turns. The ending left me absolutely shocked, which I love-I didn't guess any of the answers or twists.

This is a quick, gripping read that will keep you guessing, and I definitely recommend picking up a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment