Thursday, March 21, 2019

Review: The 7 1/2 Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle



I had been wanting to read this book since I first heard about it. It took months to get a copy through the library, as the hold list was so long due to the hype being so big.

Luckily, Turton's extremely popular read did not disappoint.

This is a brilliantly original book that kept me guessing the whole time. Aiden Bishop is caught in a time loop, repeating the same day over and over, each day in a different host body. He won't be freed to live the next day until he identifies the murderer of Evelyn Hardcastle, an unsolved crime.

I will admit, sometimes this book had me confused-and I'm still a little uncertain about how some of the timeline angles worked. But I couldn't put this book down. To be honest, I just shrugged the confusion off, because the story was so brilliant, and I had to know the ending. The ending was amazing, but every other twist and turn was too.

I would definitely recommend this book. Know you may be left a little confused by some of the time aspects, but also know that this book is so good that it's worth turning those pages. In fact, you won't be able to help turning page after page.

No comments:

Post a Comment