Friday, August 25, 2017

Review: One of Us is Lying



The testimony to how much I enjoyed this book was that, even as a teacher with my school year starting up again, and my three year old students now back, I could not put this book down. I was exhausted, and my head was full of lesson plans, but this book had me hooked.

When a group of five students ends up in detention, only four of them walk out of it alive. As the media and their fellow students spread gossip and rumors, the four suspects must figure out who to trust, and who is lying.

McManus keeps the twists and turns coming, and the characters are really compelling. I found myself constantly surprised by this book, and having to know what happened next. And I definitely didn't see the ending coming.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what McManus writes next!


No comments:

Post a Comment