Monday, June 26, 2017

Review: Why We Love Serial Killers



Title: Why We Love Serial Killers: The Curious Appeal of the World's Most Savage Killers
Author: Scott Bonn
Publication Date: October 28, 2014
Genre: True Crime/Non-Fiction/Psychological
Recommended If You Like: reading about true crime, psychology, textbook-like non-fiction

The Book:

Bonn examines the public's fascination with serial killers through a psychological and sociological lens.

What I Liked:

This is a really different and fascinating take on true crime. Bonn has done his research, and the lens which he looks through takes into account psychology, sociology, and history itself. He also has been in personal contact with the Son of Sam and the BTK killer, as part of his research, and brings what he has learned from studying them in as well.

Anything I Didn't Like:

This isn't something I didn't like, but more of a heads up for prospective readers. This does not read like a narrative as some true crime books do. This reads like a textbook, which I personally really liked-it made me feel like I was back in college with my highlighters and post it notes.

So...?

This was a fascinating, comprehensive read that I would definitely recommend for anyone who has read true crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment