Wednesday, August 10, 2016

What We're Reading Wednesday: August 10, 2016







The Unraveling of Mercy Louis is a read I just started for ARC August. It's really intriguing so far, and I really like Parssinen's writing style. 

The Murder House is my library book that I can't renew (due to another patron requesting it), so it got bumped right up the library book reading list. It's been a while since I last read a Patterson, and it's been fun to return to his exciting, fast-paced writing.



These are my two electronic reads. I've been really excited to read American Heiress. I love true crime, and the story of Patty Hearst is one I find fascinating, but know very little about. Plus, I loved The People Vs. O.J. Simpson, the show based off on Toobin's book on the self-same case (and I now have a copy of his O.J. book I got from a book fair). This is also a read for ARC August.

The Killing Retreat is a mystery/thriller by a friend of mine. I now have the first three in the series, and am really enjoying them. I'm about halfway through the first one.


This is my before-bed read, which I am still absolutely loving. Kingsolver has such a beautiful writing style, and such distinctive characters.


I also DNF one book this week, Dead Girls Don't Lie. I'd taken it out from the library to give it a try, and just could't get into it. I have so many books I want to read, I've really started just putting down books that I'm not enjoying.


What are you reading this week? Anything you'd recommend?


No comments:

Post a Comment