Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Books Set in Isolated Locations



As always, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the wonderful The Broke and The Bookish.


This week's topic is top ten books with X setting, and I chose isolated locations. Give me a mystery or thriller set in some sort of isolated location, like an island cut off from the mainland by storms, or a snowed-in country home. These are books guaranteed to be spooky and suspenseful, containing secrets, lies, and tension that will absolutely keep you flipping pages.




1) Ashecliffe Hospital for the Criminally Insane, on a remote island battered by storms--


2) mysterious island that can only be reached by boat-and there's a storm coming--



3) country house snowed in by a blizzard--


4) snowed in guest house--


5) gothic mansion in the middle of nowhere--


6) Baskerville Hall, on the lonely moors--


7) a luxury cruise ship out on the dark, cold waters--



8) a cabin in the woods--


9) an almost-empty hotel that doesn't want to let you go--


10) snowed in English village--





4 comments:

  1. I have read "And There Were None" and it immediately became a favourite back in the day when I read and enjoyed mysteries. I have as yet to read The Hound of the Baskervilles...the only Holmes story I'm interested in reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for leaving a comment! If you ever want recommendations for more mysteries and/or Sherlock Holmes to read, just let me know, as those are my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many books on this list that I want to read! And then there were none would be at the top of that list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Then There Were None is amazing!! It's one of those books I always recommend to people, especially as it's in my top 3 favorite books of all-time. :)

      Delete