Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Whodunnit Wednesday: Murder with a Twist by Tracy Kiely

Wow am I tired today! Parent-teacher conferences are tomorrow, plus Halloween is coming up, so it's an especially exhausting time to be a Pre-K teacher. By the time I got home from work and had walked my dog, I had walked over 20,000 steps!

So this light fun read was exactly what I needed to curl up with on the couch.

 

This was a book I received an advanced copy of at a recent ALA convention, and it was a really fun read. The main characters, Nic and Nigel Martini, are pretty clearly take offs on Nick and Nora Charles, but I love Nick and Nora Charles, so I liked Nic and Nigel Martini quite a bit.

This book does not take itself too seriously, and it made for a funny, breezy read. It features mobsters, philandering husbands, giant dogs, Valium, lots of alcohol, rich crazy relatives, and two quick witted constantly quipping protagonists. 

The mystery is a good one, with a lot of layers, and some surprising twists. The characters have big personalities, which really works for this kind of humorous read, especially with all the bodies that start turning up.

I would definitely recommend this book for when you need something light and easy to read, and want to fictionally bond with two protagonists you would definitely want to grab a drink with. 

3/5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment