Saturday, January 14, 2017

Review: Trust No One



Title: Trust No One
Author: Paul Cleave
Publication Date: June 7, 2016
Genre: Mystery/Psychological Thriller
Recommended If You Like: books about writers, dark twisty reads, unreliable narrators

The Book:

Jerry Grey writes bestselling crime thrillers under the pseudonym Henry Cutter. But now Jerry has Alzheimer's, and is confessing that the crimes in his books are real.

What I Liked: 

When this book gets going, it really gets going! I put aside everything else I was reading to keep reading this book, because I had to know what was going to happen.

This is also a really interesting concept, the idea that a crime writer has truly written what he knows (advice he gives to aspiring writers).

Anything I Didn't Like:

When this book wasn't moving fast, though, it was moving slow. Some parts really dragged.

So...?

This book took me a while to read, because of the slow parts, but when it got good, it was really good. At some point I can see myself reading other books by this author.


No comments:

Post a Comment