Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday, and Rebecca's Tale



As always, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the wonderful The Broke and The Bookish!

This Top Ten Tuesday is Ten Books I'm Looking Forward to in the First Half of 2017!


1) 

2)

3)

4) 

5) 

6) 

7) 

8)

9)

10)



*********************************************




Title: Rebecca's Tale
Author: Sally Beauman
Publication Date: January 30, 2007
Genre: Gothic/Mystery
Recommend If You Like: Rebecca, Wide Sargasso Sea, continuations of literary classics

The Book:

Everyone thinks they know Rebecca's story. But when a mysterious person starts sending Rebecca's notebooks to her old friend, the cracks in the tale begin to show.

What I Liked:

I am automatically intrigued by a book that promises a continuation on a story I really enjoyed, and Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier is a great Gothic classic.

Beauman puts an intriguing spin on the mystery behind what truly happened to Rebecca all those years ago, and utilizes some excellent and surprising twists to keep this an intriguing mystery.

Anything I Didn't Like?

The book feels too long. I love a good, epic tale, but Rebecca's Tale felt like it contained too much filler.

So...?

I wouldn't say drop everything and read this book, but if you liked Rebecca, I would recommend giving Rebecca's Tale a chance.




2 comments:

  1. "Mrs. Sherlock Holmes" sounds really great, definitely adding this one to my wishlist! I always find true crime stories super fascinating!

    "Arthur and Sherlock" seems interesting too, I just can't get enough of things Sherlock-related :D

    Madeleine Roux always get such pretty covers for her books but I didn't really like her "Asylum" novel, so… ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super excited for Jenny Lawson's new book. Absolutely loved her last one and I am sure that this one will be great,too. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete