Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Review: An Unwanted Guest



So I wanted to love this book. I liked it, but it didn't live up to everything I wanted it to be.

The premise is one I absolutely love, and have ever since I first read And Then There Were None. A group of people are trapped with a murderer, a murderer who must be one of them. In this case, the group are trapped in an inn by a snowstorm.

The problem is the book starts out so slow. So much time is spent introducing each character, what they like to drink, where they are from...I pushed through because I was so intrigued by the premise, and I'm glad I did, because when this book picked up, it really picked up. The suspense became almost unbearable, and I couldn't put the book down. I ended up finishing it in about a day.

The ending was good, but it seemed a little out of left field. It was impossible to have guessed, and there weren't really any clues dropped to foreshadow it.

This is a highly suspenseful read that will get you completely caught up in it once you get past the slow beginning. The ending is a surprise, but not necessarily one that will leave you completely satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment