Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Mini Reviews!




I really enjoyed Roux's Asylum series, so had high hopes for her new series. House of Furies did take a while for me to get into, I actually thought about putting it aside at one point. But I am glad I stuck with it, because it did pick up and get really creepy. I'm just not sure if it was enough for me to read the next book in the series.


I received an ARC of this middle grade book at ALA, and it was a great read for the month of Halloween. It's got two strong female protagonists, a spooky storyline, and a surprising twist at the end.

The next four books I read for the Dewey 24 Readathon:


This was a brilliant book, a quick read that is important in today's times, told from the point of view of a young person who society identifies as a boy, but who knows she is a girl.


This book unfortunately wasn't that good. It was a mystery that kind of meandered around, and didn't really hold my attention. It had its moments where I was intrigued and wanted to find out the solution, but I ended up finishing it because I had already committed to it and it was short.


This was another fun middle grade paranormal ARC I received a copy of at ALA. There's a great strong female character, an endearing friendship, and some spooky fun.


I loved this book! It was beautifully written, creative and unique, with such compelling characters, and parts I never saw coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment