Tuesday, August 25, 2026

ARC Review: What Happened That Night

 I received a copy of this ARC from the publisher and NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. This did not affect my opinion of the book or my review itself. 

In this book, when a group of former friends are brought together by the member who was just released from jail, a murderer strikes. The detective must look to their pasts to solve what has happened in the present. 

I love the trope of a group of friends with a secret (or secrets!). Nicci French does a great job with taking a familiar trope and adding twists. I absolutely did not predict the ending. 

I also really like how the detective was woven into the story. She was an interesting, complex, compelling character in her own right, and more likable than a lot of the other characters (who were supposed to be unlikable). 

I would recommend this book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment