Tuesday, December 19, 2023

Cozy ARC Reviews: The Twelve Books of Christmas, and Public Anchovy #1

 I received an ARC of these books from the publishers in exchange for honest reviews. These did not affect my opinions of the books or my reviews themselves. 

The Twelve Books of Christmas by Kate Carlisle

When Brooklyn, a rare book restorer, and her husband Derek are called to Scotland to celebrate their dear friends’ wedding, they jump at the chance. Brooklyn also may be able to help solve the mystery of the missing books, but she’ll have to contend with murder as well.

This was an okay cozy mystery. My biggest complaint was that the ostentatious wealth of everyone involved got to be a little much. The characters were fun and engaging, but them being just so casually rich took some of the fun out of it. 

The mystery was a good one, but the solution was a little predictable-not the why, but the who. I seem to remember liking this series, so maybe it’s just this particular entry that was merely okay for me. 


Public Anchovy #1 by Mindy Quigley 

Delilah and her staff at her pizza restaurant have been hired to cater a large fancy party. But during the evening events, a death occurs-accident or murder? Delilah and Detective Capone must once again team up to solve the crime before there’s more death during the night. 

I loved this book. The reoccurring characters are so great, and the steps ahead in the romance department finally happened, which made me very happy. The setting of an isolated party, which no one could leave due to weather circumstances, where everyone is trapped with the unknown killer, is one of my favorites, and Quigley does a great job with it. I would recommend this book, and this series. 



No comments:

Post a Comment