Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday: Ten Fandoms of Mine


As always, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the wonderful The Broke and The Bookish!

This week is a fandom freebie! I love so many different shows, books, and movies, it's so hard for me to narrow it down to any kind of favorites list. So I decided to just go with some of the first fandoms I love that popped into my head ;)

1) Lost

Lost just might the fandom I got the most involved in. I debated theories, wrote fanfiction, and made fan videos and icons. I am still friends with the people I met through a Lost message board. And to this day, thinking about Lost just gives me all the feels.

2) Sherlock Holmes

It's no secret I love all things Sherlock Holmes. My dog is named Sherlock, and my apartment is full of Sherlock Funko Pops, pins, books, action figures, and art.I love the Basil Rathbone/Nigel Bruce adaptations, Elementary, Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law, and the current BBC version. Now that I'm getting my family and friends hooked on the Cumberbatch/Freeman and Miller/Liu takes, it's been so fun to talk about the episodes with them.

3) Hamilton

I cannot say enough about my love for this musical, especially after having been lucky enough to see it live. I listen to the soundtrack constantly, and have watched anything aired on TV about Hamilton countless times. I'm also reading everything I can get my hands on Hamilton related.

4) Reality Television Competition Shows

I cannot get enough of these. I watch everything from The Great British Baking Show (a show that relaxes me when my anxiety spikes) to Project Runway (I had my mom bring me back a Thank You Mood shirt from Mood in New York) to Face Off, and everything in between. Besides these just being super fun to watch, they are also something I share with my family. My brother and I still talk about who would do what Roadblocks on The Amazing Race if we ever competed together, when we're not watching American Ninja Warrior with baited breath. And my mom and I watch and discuss all the baking and cooking shows, especially when I'm over to visit.

5) Psych

This show really had it all for me-twisty mysteries, great characters, and hilarious comedy. It's one of those shows where I will watch it anytime I happen to catch a rerun (and I am currently in the process of getting every season on DVD), no matter what episode. I could watch the episodes again and again, and never get sick of them. 

6) Veronica Mars

This show was so many different kinds of brilliant. The mysteries, especially in the first season, were so well-crafted. and Veronica was such a strong and inspirational female protagonist. I definitely donated to the Kickstarter campaign to get the movie made.

7) Mystery Science Theater 3000

This is a show that always makes me burst out laughing, no matter how many times I've seen an episode. It also has this wonderful nostalgia for me, because I originally watched the episodes with one of my best friends, and with my family. I cannot wait for the new episodes on Netflix.

8) Agatha Christie

This is my favorite author ever, and I have been so excited by all the modern movie and miniseries adaptations coming out. I've gushed about my love for her work on this blog a lot, and I still don't feel I can say enough about how good she is. I have an entire bookcase in my apartment that is dedicated to just Agatha Christie.

9) Chicago Bulls

I just love my hometown team so much! I go to games with my parents and my friends, and watch the games on TV (when my less-than-optimal cable package allows me to). I'm still starstruck over the time I got to meet Scottie Pippen and Jimmy Butler. Being at the United Center watching my Bulls play gives me such a happy rush.

10) Brooklyn 99

This is one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. It's another one I could watch over and over, and the episodes would never get old. The characters are so great, and the show is so quotable, and has amazing physical gags and running jokes. Trial and Error is quickly becoming a show like this for me as well.

I also have to give a shout out to Alias, which I loved so much when it aired I would shush anyone around me who dared to make a sound when it was on (back before I could watch anything I had missed online the next day). Also Criminal Minds, which continues to be captivating even so many seasons in. 


There are definitely more, and I know I'm still forgetting some, but if I let myself keep going, I'll have ten fandom blog posts!

What are some of your favorite fandoms?




4 comments:

  1. I loved Lost. I was so disappointed at the end though. It still makes me cry. And I lost hours and hours talking theories... I also fell quite in love with Hamilton :) Great music!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm one of the ones who loved the last episode of the series, but I know not everyone did. Hamilton has such great music!

      Delete
  2. I love Sherlock and Hamilton! It's so cool that your dog is called Sherlock, such a great dog name :)
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/04/04/top-ten-tuesday-101/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to be obsessed with Lost, too! It was one of my most favorite shows <3

    ReplyDelete