Thursday, January 7, 2016

A is for Arsenic: The Poisons of Agatha Christie by Kathryn Harkup


This is a really unique non-fiction read, with Harkup examining Agatha Christie's novels through the poisons she chose for her murderers to use.

Each chapter is centered around a different poison and a different Christie mystery. In each chapter, Harkup gives the scientific background of the poison, as well as examples of real-life cases where the poison was used. The end of every chapter is an analysis of the ways the poison was used in Christie's books.

If you are a fan of Agatha Christie, I strongly recommend this read. Even if you think you might be put off by the science aspects, give it a go. I am in no way a science expert, and haven't taken a science class since high school, but I still found this book fascinating.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds interesting. I have to admit I've never read an Agatha Christie book! I would like to though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly highly recommend Agatha Christie's books-she's my favorite author of all-time :) And Then There Were None is my all-time favorite of hers.

      Delete