(hosted by The Broke and The Bookish )
Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read This Year:
1) “It’s impossible to resist the kindness of strangers. Someone who looks at you, who doesn’t know you, who tells you it’s OK, whatever you did, whatever you’ve done: you suffered, you hurt, you deserve forgiveness.” -The Girl on the Train
2) “I need not be visibly odd. I could engage in the protocols that others followed and move undetected among them. And how could I be sure that other people were not doing the same - playing the game to be accepted but suspecting all the time that they were different?” -The Rosie Project
3) “You can’t go through life not listening to music.” -The Rosie Project
4) “What Kevin had done — though I would never admit it — had somehow become my story, my trauma, tangled my life up in ways I still find complex and uncomfortable."-Visiting Hours: A Memoir of Friendship and Murder
5) "Please don't tell me you're fighting over that piece of paper," said Ed."He's not sharing!" screamed Chloe. "Sharing is caring!"
"You get what you get and you don't get upset!" screamed Fred.
-Big Little Lies
6) "Introverts, in contrast, may have strong social skills and enjoy parties and business meetings, but after a while wish they were home in their pajamas."-Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking
7) "“Don't think of introversion as something that needs to be cured.” -Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking
8) “Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you're supposed to. Stay home on New Year's Eve if that's what makes you happy. Skip the committee meeting. Cross the street to avoid making aimless chitchat with random acquaintances. Read. Cook. Run. Write a story. Make a deal with yourself that you'll attend a set number of social events in exchange for not feeling guilty when you beg off.” -Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking
9) "I’m no recluse, but, like an introvert, I need a lot of time alone to reflect and recharge, and I am easily drained by being around others, but at the same time, like an extrovert, I’m energized by parties and conversation.” -Spinster: Making a Life of One's Own by Kate Bolick
10) "“She loved so many things—cats, dogs, roses, people—that sometimes I wonder if she chose to be alone to best enjoy them all.” -Spinster: Making a Life of One's Own by Kate Bolick
For the Ho Ho Ho Readathon I read:
*Jingle Bell Bark by Laurien Berenson
*Real Elves by Helen Smith
*Tied Up in Tinsel by Ngaio Marsh
*A Cup of Cozy 2 by Nancy Jill Thames
Finally, I was lucky enough to win Read Now Sleep Later's giveaway for the Spooktacular Giveaway, and got my prize in the mail today-a copy of The Dead Girls of Hysteria Hall by Katie Alender!! hanks so much again Read Now Sleep Later!!