Saturday, July 15, 2023

ARC Reviews: The Block Party, Maidens of the Cave

 I received copies of these books from the publishers in exchange for honest reviews. This did not affect my opinion of the books or my reviews themselves.

The Block Party by Jamie Day

All readers know is that there has been a murder at an exclusive block party. It takes Day taking readers back a full year for us to learn the causes and who is dead.

The characters in this book are so complex. Every one has so many layers, so much going on in their lives and in their heads. Despite the enhanced drama, these characters feel real. Day expertly plants seeds so it seems anyone could end up being the murderer and the murdered. I would recommend this book. 


Maidens of the Cave by Lloyd Devereux Richards

Young women are being found murdered in caves, all with the same mysterious bruise. Fighting against a bureaucracy that is all about paperwork and less about casework, Special Agent Christine Prusik is determined to get justice for the women and stop the killings.

I love the story behind this, that the first book in the series had been essentially ignored until the author’s daughter put something up on Tik Tok and the book went viral on there. I haven’t read the first book yet, but I can tell this is a solid series. This book is a well-written procedural mystery with a strong female protagonist, some romance, and a great twist ending. I recommend this book and would like to get my hands on the first book in the series now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment