Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Weekend Review Roundup!




Zodiac Station was a really interesting read, definitely not in my usual wheelhouse, but really captivating and suspenseful. It tells the story of a station in the Arctic full of scientists, a story told  by a man who somehow skied across the freezing cold to a ship digging through the ice. But all is not as it seems. There was a lot of science, which is what makes it a book I wouldn't necessarily have picked up typically, but even if there were moments I didn't entirely understand, the story was so twisty and suspenseful I was completely drawn in.


This book was incredible! I read it in one sitting, in less than 5 hours, because I could not put it down. The main character has been in prison for 10 years for a crime we don't originally know the details of. Now that he is out, and the detective who pursued the case is retiring, he is finally ready to tell the truth of what happened. The characters are so complex, the solution is so twisty and suspenseful, and the end made me gasp out loud. 


Quiet Girl in a Noisy World is a short, powerful, meaningful collection of comics about what it truly means to be an introvert.


I received an ARC of this book from the publisher, which I was so excited about, because this is one of my favorite cozy mystery series. I love the setting, I love the characters, I love the friendships (and possible romance), and the mysteries are always good ones. Sloan is such a strong female character in a profession that is considered a man's job, and she is also full of personal history and complications. She is a character I absolutely adore, and I can't wait to read more of her solving mysteries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment