As always, Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and The Bookish!
I love mysteries because...
1) The twists! I love thinking I know what is going on, and then having everything turned completely on its head.
2) The clues! It's so fun to try to piece the clues together.
3) The detectives! Alleyn! Holmes! Poirot! And I love a great detective duo, like the ever-classic Holmes and Watson.
4) The suspects! The maid! The butler! The country squire!
5) The re reads! I love when a mystery not only can stand up to a re read, but invites one. It's great to go back and see what you missed, and how it all fits together.
6) The settings! A locked room! The moor! A small country village! A mansion trapped by snow! A remote island! Victorian England!
7) The authors! Christie, Doyle, Marsh, James, the list goes on and on!
8) The denouncements! Oh, how I love all the suspects gathered in one room while the detective explains everything! The tension, the furtive looks, the confessions!
9) The genres within genres! Cozy mystery, locked room, village, police procedural, the list goes on and on!
10) The staying power! Mysteries show no signs of ever stopping, thank goodness! Classics are still classics, and new ones are being written all the time!