Hello everyone! I'm Emily from The Paperback Princess, and thanks to Becca for allowing me to guest post as part of her Five Feature! Today, I'm going to be talking about five bookish quotes to bring you up when you're feeling down:
1. "we accept the love we think we deserve"- Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower.
This quote will always stick with me because it is a perfect example of giving yourself self-love, as well as letting love into your life. If you need support in anyway, please read this book!
2. "stay gold, ponyboy"- S.E. Hinton, The Outsiders
This beloved classic tells a story of fitting in, and this quote represents just that. The main character, Ponyboy explains that nothing ever stays golden and great, but his friend Johnny tells him that no matter what, he can stay gold. This quote to me shows that no matter where you come from, you can be special.
3. "happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light"- J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
I would be insane not to include a Harry Potter quote! In this midst of all distress, the amazing Albus Dumbledore reminds us that to find happiness, we must find it in ourselves to help turn on the light.
4. "Eleanor was right, she never looked good. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look good, it was supposed to make you feel something"- Rainbow Rowell, Eleanor and Park
This quote is the definition of why Rainbow's books are so beautiful. She doesn't create traditional, perfect characters, she creates characters with REAL problems. This quote can give me, and so many people the confidence to be themselves and worry about what's on the inside too. Please read Eleanor and Park, it will change your life.
5. "if you don't imagine, nothing ever happens at all"- John Green, Paper Towns
Lastly but certainly not least, we have a beautiful quote from an even more beautiful book. If someone ever tells you to stop imagining and come back to reality, then this quote is here. I think that this defines us as bookworms and writers as well, if we don't imagine, then the world is not possible.
Thanks so much to Becca for featuring me! If you would like to follow me on any of my social media, here are my links:
Emily @ Paperback Princess