Thursday, December 24, 2015

The Snowman by Jo Nesbo



This is not a light holiday read. The Snowman is a serial killer who strikes on the first snow of the year, and uses macabre snowmen as his calling cards. Harry Hole, an alcoholic policeman who can't commit to recovery, sees himself as being personally challenged by the crazed killer, and sets out to stop him once and for all.

Flashbacks are used really effectively here, to heighten tension, and to make the twists even more shocking. You'll want to go back and read certain parts as new revelations are brought to light. I honestly did not see any of the twists coming, and found them shocking while still making sense within the way the story has been set up.

I was a little reluctant to pick this book up because of how dark I thought it would be, and it was very dark, but it was also an excellent read. I would definitely read more of Nesbo's novels.

P.S. Happy Holidays everyone!

4 comments:

  1. I like Jo Nesbo's writing style, but I have to admit that it's not a light holiday read. I haven't read this one, but Nesbo has never disappointed me :)

    Aeriko @ The Reading Armchair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good to hear you've enjoyed other books by Nesbo, I definitely want to read more :)

      Delete
  2. I have read all of Nesbo's novels and none disappoint, I love the writing style and the novels make me want to turn each page to the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad to hear that, I definitely want to read more books by Nesbo.

      Delete